The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) partners with K-12 school districts to provide technological tools that support students and parents as they plan, prepare and figure out how to pay for college. The website, CaliforniaColleges.edu, allows students to build a comprehensive online portfolio which reflects a realistic and optimal picture of their past, present, and future selves. The portfolio allows students to easily share their plans with educators, advisors, and parents. To help students build their portfolios, there are Milestones which are a list of prescribed activities for students. When they complete these activities, students can save them to their portfolio.
3 minute video demonstrating CaliforniaColleges.edu
Here are some additional benefits:
1. Assessment tools to help student figure out what kinds of careers might be a right fit.
2. A one-stop resource for information about colleges in California and nation-wide.
3. An opportunity to track student's progress on college, financial aid, and career planning.
4. Students can save key information and important documents over time in their online portfolio and parents can view that
5. Free test preparation for the SAT, ACT, and GRE for students.
6. A growing database of resources, articles, and tools student can use starting in middle school all the way through college graduation and beyond.