When do I get paid?
All regular employees are paid once a month, on the last working day of the month and are paid to date. In other words, you are being paid through the last day of the month when you receive your check.
Extra duty, overtime and substituting in a different position are recorded monthly from the 1st through the 31st on a “Monthly Employee’s Extra Duty & Overtime Sheet” and paid on the last working day of the following month. Timesheets are due to payroll 5 working days after the end of the month.
Sick Leave, Vacation (if applicable), and Personal Necessity Leave are advanced on your pay warrant stub through June 30.
Adjustments to Sick Leave, Vacation, and Personal Necessity Leave are posted on your pay stub through the 15th of each month.
Classified employees are considered probationary during the first six months of employment in a new job classification. While you are on probation:
- Up to 6 days of Sick Leave will be reflected on your pay stub.
- If you are absent beyond the 6 days of your probationary status, the time will be deducted from your pay warrant.
- Vacation is not advanced until after the probationary time period. The balance of your earned sick leave will be posted after the completed probation as well.
- Less than 12-month employees will be deducted for school recess (Winter Break, Spring Break, and Thanksgiving)
Classified Bargaining Unit Employees pay into:
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Co. - .95% of gross salary, deducted monthly
Mutual of Omaha is your Disability Insurance
- California School Employees Association - 1.5% of gross salary, state dues deducted monthly (annual maximum of $472.50)
CSEA is your Union Representation
- California School Employees Association, Local Chapter 106 - local chapter dues ($7.50) deducted tenthly
CSEA, Local Chapter 106 is your Local Union Representation
- Certificated Bargaining Unit Employees (please see your Payroll Specialist for details)
Classified employees working 4 or more hours per day are required to participate in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). The monthly employee amount paid is reflected on your pay stub.
Classified employees working less than 4 hours per day are required to pay into the APPLE Plan - Alternate for Social Security. Employees contribute 3.75% of gross wages into this plan which the District matches.
Certificated employees are required to participate in the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS). The monthly employee amount paid is reflected on your paystub. Direct Deposit, Tax Sheltered Annuities, and Credit Union options are available.
403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuities
For account transfers, hardships, and loans, employees will need to contact our third-party administrator, Schools First at (800)462-8328, ext. 4727 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Requests for duplicate copies of payroll records will be filled within 3 working days. Please contact Taffeta Hunter, Administrative Assistant, in Fiscal at (760) 771-8525 or email at email@example.com. A fee of $2.00 per request will be charged to offset handling costs.
Verifications of employment are processed within 3 working days.