The Board of Education and the Superintendent of Desert Sands Unified School District are committed to maintaining public trust and the financial integrity of the District. To this end, internal controls have been implemented to safeguard District assets and to ensure that District funds are spent in strict accordance with Board policy and the annual budget adopted by the Board. To help safeguard District assets and ensure financial integrity, the Board and the Superintendent offer an avenue for reporting suspected financial fraud, waste, and abuse to the District by completing and submitting the information below. Your report will be submitted directly to the Desert Sands Assistant Superintendent, Business Services and the Desert Sands Director of Security and Safety Services for review and appropriate investigation.
The Fraud, Waste and Abuse Reporting System should be used to report the following:
- Theft of District assets (money or property)
- Misuse of District assets
- Conflicts of Interest
- Waste/abuse of District Resources
The Fraud, Waste and Abuse Reporting System should NOT be used to report the following:
- Personnel grievances (salaries, discrimination, workplace conditions, sexual harassment, etc.). These issues should be reported to the Personnel Services department.
- Complaints against teachers regarding student grades, discipline or extracurricular participation. These issues should be reported to the Personnel Services department.
You may remain anonymous when filing a report or you may ask that your identity be kept confidential. Keep in mind that it may be more difficult to investigate the allegation if you do not identify yourself in your report, as it may be necessary to ask for additional information. If you request that your identity remain confidential, your identify will only be disclosed to those individuals assigned to review the complaint. The more information you can provide, the better chance the District will have of determining whether an illegal act or violation of District policy has been committed.